The purpose of the Instructional Materials Center (IMC) is to extend and enrich the curriculum in educational directions across all grade levels.
In the IMC, students are offered learning activities and instruction in small group settings. Classes are taught in Library Skills and Computer Literacy. The Accelerated Reader Program is available for Grades 3-6.
IS THIS BOOK RIGHT FOR ME?
Find a "just right" book with the Five Finger Rule!
1. Choose a book and read the first page or two.
2. Put one finger up for every word you don't know.
3. If five of your fingers go up while you're reading, choose another book.
4. If only two or three fingers go up, you've found a "just right" book.
HOW SHOULD I CARE FOR MY BOOKS?
1. Don't write or draw in them.
2. Don't bend the pages.
3. Keep books away from pets or little brothers or sisters.
4. Don't eat greasy or sticky foods while reading.
5. Keep books dry.
6. Keep books clean.
7. Keep books in a safe place and know where they are located.
All books, with the exception of reference books, may be checked out for a two week period. Books may be renewed.
Students in grades 3-6 may check out two books at a time unless a research project necessitates more. Children in grades 4K-2 are invited to come more often and check out only one book at a time.
If a book is overdue, a fine of five cents will be charged per book for each day a book is late when school is in session. (Grades 4K-2 exempt)
When students have books that are overdue or fines not paid, they may continue to use the IMC but may not check out books until the matter is resolved. If fines are long overdue, the use of the IMC may be terminated until settlement.
It is hoped that the quality time students spend in the IMC will inspire them with the love of learning and that they will continue to educate themselves throughout their adult lives.